Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saving UK's wonderful Treasure Houses


Good morning, this blog is devoted UK Treasure Country Houses & to saving the remaining hundreds of UK aristocratic country homes, once all owned by the British aristocracy going back in some cases to the 1500's. Some are still owned by decedents of these families after 400 years!; many others had to be sold by their owners for inheritance tax pressures, others to developers, and thankfully, many others have been left to the government's National Trust and are open to the public.


My intent is that you learn about them. What family owned them? Are they still there to meet? What treasures are still in them? Where are they and how can I and my family get easily to tour them.


My hope is that if more of the world comes to visit them, they will join the growing number of voices who want the British government to remove all inheritance taxes, lessen their general tax load and help them keep them in repair as long as they are kept open for the public to enjoy for generations to come.


Following are some 85 'Treasure Houses', as I call them. I have visited many and still do. Hopefully I will see you in one one day.


Best regards,


Dr. Donald Beggs,

Toronto, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment